The following is a local policing update for the Rural Flegg Villages neighbourhood
Weekly crime summary 9 – 15 September 2015
We continue to see a number of mopeds and low cc motor bikes stolen across the neighbourhood. These vehicles are very appealing to thieves due to how easy they are to steal and pass on.
Frustratingly some of these have been bikes with very little security protecting them; even very basic security measures can deter the opportunist thief.
- Never leave your keys within the motor bike or scooter
- When not using the vehicle lock it within a garage
- If you do not have access to a garage secure your bike out of view and cover it if possible
- Always put the steering lock on
- If you have a security device, use it
- Fit an industry approved electronic immobiliser; this may reduce your insurance costs!
We are also asking members of the public to be vigilant to suspicious activity around mopeds and motor bikes. Those parked at residential settings and parked within carparks are vulnerable so please report any suspicious activity by calling 101 immediately.
For further safety and crime prevention advice for your neighbourhood please visit www.norfolk.police.uk
You can contact us on 101 or if you think a crime is actually in progress then please always dial 999.