Martham Scarecrow Festival
Firstly we would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who supported Martham Scarecrow Festival in 2015, with your support we were able to help provide the new Christmas lights in the trees on Martham Green.
Martham will this year be celebrating its 9th Scarecrow Festival and Garden/Garage Sales. This will take place on Sunday 1st and Monday 2nd May 2016, 10a.m. – 5p.m.
As in previous years we welcome all residents, organisations and businesses to make Scarecrows, we do not have a theme so please let your imagination go free.
As in the past couple of years we also look forward to seeing your Yarn Bombing entries. Unable to knit or crochet you could use material and put your sewing skills to practice. As with the Scarecrows there is no theme. Take a look on Google for ideas and inspiration.
Why not hold a Garden/Garage sale, this will give you a good opportunity to sell those items you no longer require.
As organisers we welcome donations of good quality clothes, books and bric a brac which we can sell in our marquee, money raised from this sale is used to support village projects.
There will be prizes for Best Scarecrow etc, prizes will also be given for Best Yarn Bombing, Best Pompom entry and Best Miniature Garden.
NEW FOR THIS YEAR
- Miniature gardens – for children and adults. These can be square or round but no larger than 12” in size, start to plan your designs now.
- Yarn Bombing – perhaps you do not want to Yarn Bomb your property but would like to donate some items, as organisers we welcome knitted/crocheted bunting and pompoms to be put up around the village.
- Pompoms are so easy for you and your children to make and we are sure they would like to see them decorating our village. Why not make them and decorated trees and bushes on your property. There will be a prize for best decorated.
- Visiting Scarecrows – this year we would like to welcome Scarecrows from outside of the village, so if you, your company or an organisation you are connected with would like to enter one please contact us for a registration form.
- Knitted/Crocheted items – the organisers welcome donations of any new knitted or crocheted items. We will sell these in the marquee to help raise funds, any items not sold will be donated to local charities.
AROUND THE VILLAGE
- Craft and Charity stalls on the village green.
- Mary’s Church – Art Exhibition and refreshments (Climb the tower, weather permitting)
- Methodist Church – Flower Festival and refreshments
- Cornerstone Baptist Church – Café and Miniature Gardens
- Fair rides on the Green
- Classic Cars
If you are interested in having a craft or charity stall please contact us for a booking form.
Booking forms for Scarecrows, Garden/Garage Sales, Yarn Bombing and Miniature Gardens will be put through your doors from late March. Please make sure to return them so that your entries are placed in our programme.
For more information on this event please contact Julie and Steven on 01493 748547 or Peter and Liz on 01493 740086